Sunday, March 14, 2010

Precious gems

Children are too precius to loose. They make your life colorful and worth living.I relaize their importance more when i was blessed with one. The momnetous day was 23rd september and Ayush comes to us at 6:45 PM. There was a father born at the same time . Rules of the game has been redefined.From then on responsibiliites and priorties have shifted. I remember the first night that duo of father and son spent together. Nurse brought him wrapped in a cloth over to our room and my wife was still unconsius under the effect of drugs so it was practically just two of us stragers left to fight it out. I was as nervous as my son as it was first experience for both of usHis first as son and mine first as father. I was under pressure from day1 to perform as reasonable father and he shouldnot feel that oh god where have you thrown me.He was very demanding from day1 and was crying throughout the night as if he has endorsed me as good for nothing crap. I was trying my best to prove him wrong.
Thats one aspect to it-the joy they bring. However,there has been two incidetns very close to me which has shaken me. My cousin brother lost his 2 yrs old son in a matter of minute and same happened to my neigbour who lost their 8 months old on the day he was born. I have seen them laughing, crying playing and its hard to believe that they will not be seen around. I can't even imagine vaccum it has created in the life of their parents. Its hard to fill their place when we loose them. O! I wish it could be reversed. Afterall they were just child and dont deserve to die so younng.

The other aspect which is equally painful is to see children eating foods from garbage bin, crying hungry and roamingin streets unaccompanied. Its painful sight and i believe that every child deserves a childhood.We as individual should try to make a perpetual difference in atleast one life rather than giving them a pitiful look and walk away. We are more responsbile than that.Almost all of us are verbally concerned but hardly any one of us step out to do our bit.Are we too bothered about ourselves or too frightened to take that small step which might bring smile on one face and give one of them a fair chance to live in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment