Saturday, August 4, 2012

Singhasan Chodo Janta aati hain

It started out of curiosity as every other news channel was portraying negativity and cynicism. I wanted to do some factual analysis before running them down. Another reason was that I was bored and had nothing meaningful to do. I started viewing Jantar Mantar live feed from Sunday but then was addicted to an extent that I started waking up at 5 AM US time to get last few hours of feed. It was thrilling and exciting listening to people on stage, music, patriotic songs, poems, Najm. All in all it fills you with hope and patriotism. It gets your adrenalin pumping. It feels same as if you are watching movie "Border" in Dolby digital theater or its republic or an independent day. Atmosphere is electrifying. 
Today marks culmination of fast, which ends at a crescendo. I can’t describe it, if you want it to be rubbed off then it is worth watching you tube clips of Gopal Rai, Gen VK Sing, Manish Sisodia, Yogendra Yadav and Arvind Khejriwal's speeches.
As far as crowd goes I think from Sunday onwards it was running houseful and this left me bit dismayed when media still was claiming that crowds are growing thin. Its irony that anything that comes on media is interpreted as news be it Kapil Sibbal giving his arithmetic class or Diggi his pravachan. I may not like movement that much to the extent I hate Congress attitude and arrogance. They are running us down and in a wielded way they are laughing at every one of us. 
Cynics and critics were up again saying that team Anna bhatak gayee, movement has lost steam and political party formation is suicidal attempt, movement political ho gaya. My view is what options were left there and it’s by any standard a bold movie. What do we expect otherwise, how many fast and to what extent one need to beg? This is as legitimate and as serious issues as any then why to beg and why it’s not heard?  Why this need any patronage? It’s easy for any of us to provide our expert opinion as easy as those paid experts who provide lip services on TV. Strangely enough they don't seem to agree on anything, as rational as it could be. If its team Anna that’s good enough reason for it to be irrational. I don’t mind cynicism and substantial debates, viewpoint but stupidity should be avoided. Also, by this yardstick every dream that need courage to realize is not worth fighting for. Taking anything and everything lying down look to be the best and pragmatic approach. Accepting today’s political scenario appears sensible though it corrupt and shaking the roots of democracy.Any revolution is crazy and impractical idea. Fighting against Ravan with Vanar sena , challenging Kaurav’s might by pandavas, Rani Laxmi Bai fighting against Britishers and the whole war of independence   does not qualify to make rational sense or worthy of getting expert approval or for that matter gaining media’s attention. Sorry sir, I beg to differ. I believe in crazy ideas, I believe in hope I believe in change and I admit that I am not practical and rational. I believe in Gen VK Singh last word in his speech –Singhasan chodo janta aati hain..
Apologies, as an eternal optimist my views are largely different from media. 

No comments:

Post a Comment