Saturday, June 5, 2010

Absolute freedom

Picture a married man …..khuntae sae bandha kolhu ka bail
Now picture a married man …..with his wife gone to sasuraal for fortnight.. .yeah pagaal khula saand..
When was this hit you last time. Do you remember it?
Absolute freedom...that how I describe the last few days that I have spent.
Day1: It started on Thursday when I dropped my wife to airport. I was all excited because it was a double bonanza leaving my wife and picking my old friend. This was done by design so planning is an important ingredient for nirvana...any slips may land you in soup and mess the whole things e.g your wife asking for postponement of her ticket while your friend has a confirmed booking .You have to be at your maneuverable best to skim through these issues else you are worth a slave. Just don’t deserve this.. On our journey back home we had car stereo playing ghazals and had some beers packed in our way so the excitation was building and plan was on track...We reached home enjoying rainy weather and roughing through Bangalore traffic at 11 in night. It was nice cool midnight midsummer night dream. However, as if, God at its sadist best was planning against my plan. We entered our house in darkness. That’s because there was no power in my apartment and power backup was behaving erratically. We spent our night sleepless with company of uninvited misquotes. My esteemed guest, who has reached here braving scorching heat of Delhi and having sky high expectations, was not at all amused by this kind of reception .This left my reputation dented and ego bruised. However, like Indian team, I draw inspiration that things cannot go worse from here
Day2: We wake up at 11:00 AM, had breakfast and bought some movies in English, Hindi and ones in which language does not have much role to play, so to say they have universal appeal and cater to universal audience. We converted our drawing room to dewaan-e-khaas, dim the light and with snacks and beer started watching movies at day break. Incidentally, it was time when India has exited T20 unceremoniously and we were now supporting any team who was playing against Australia. For the first time I was rooting for Pakistan and they did reasonably well to score 191. We were pretty convinced that we have done our job and Pakistan is through to Finals. We switched channel and started watching the movies with universal appeal. As we were disappointed by the movies which need language to express themselves. That was hedonious night, chitchatting and discussing old girlfriends and all sundry but for work. In morning news break that Australia is through to finals and I started doubting credibility of TOI.I was sympatatic with Pakistan as it was a case of -kya karega pandu jab kismat hi ho ....else how can you explain that someone can chase down 191 with 6 wickets down in 15th over and 80 required in last five.
Day3: We went to see IRON MAN-2 AM show and there I realized how Indian team might have felt on bouncy paced Barbados pitch and suddenly I was sympathetic to them as I was in similar situation in theatre. I realized that my English is still not up to the mark to see English futuristic movies that too without subtitles. I am good for slow romantic English movies where you can give dialogues the miss without missing much of story line. Lesson of the day - watch English sci fi movie after having some basic information of storyline so that you can build on it.
We then played 29, a card game, which was responsible for our screwed acads, not that we were genius but that’s Indian tendency to find fault with others for your failures. The whole day was passed playing 29.We had dinner in best restaurant and then couple of bear back home and passed away.
Day4: All of us started on an expedition to Nandi hill- a small hill in outskirts of Bangalore. We were dressed in printed shirts, goggles’ and spiked hair. Thanks God we were not caught by police for suspicious character. There we had a photo shoot and might have a contest to spot the youngest old man of the lot. O lord! Why is that young married man turn old, fat and bald and still women is perceived as force behind every successful man. I was also wondering when women is behind every man why are only such a handful of them successful. We did DCH style picnic and had reached home in late evening get dinner packed. The weather again was beautiful...rainy evening with cool breeze blowing around. We assembled in our dewaan -e khas arranged for snack bear dinner and watched the Final with full intent. This time we were rooting for England and successfully defeated Australia. Occasion demands a party. As if we needed a reason to party but then you need to cover your guilt. Though we have decided not to booze that day but then we were never know to be man of strong characters and surrendered to our temptation.
As every good things come to an end on fifth day i dropped my friend to airport and picked my wife from there. So we have reached to end stable state and it has ended from where it all started -airport.
Aftermath of freedom...I have heard one of my friend who was part of gang for all three days was scolded left right and centre for being irresponsible husband. His wife break his cell phone on his face and he has slept with door locked from inside for safety reasons for couple of days. As far as I am concerned, I did met similar fate. As soon as my wife entered house she did not like our dewaan-e khas and she unchalantly and ferociously described it as MESS...what a stark difference of opinion.
But then there is always a price for freedom….
ABSOLUTE FREEDOM...NIRVANA...a life of away from roti kapda aur makaan...

No comments:

Post a Comment