Sunday, May 29, 2011

Me Reporting from AMERICA

It has been quite sometime since i pen down something.Not that world is dying to see my latest. Anyways, i am here in US since last 6 months and trying to settle down. These are changing times and lot has changed since i visited this country back in 2002. Most significantly the security lawa and me at 35 compared to 25 in 2002. Most of my friends have settled down here from 2002 days but hardly see the same warmth. Back in country to where i belong, my son goes to 5 neighbours before coming to our house.Here he just confined to a small room. I have a 1300 Sqt 3 bedroom and here i am staying in 900 SQft 2 bedroom with no furniture and paying 1200 dollars. My son use to sit free in the back seat of my car looking at the cars following us. Here he is tied to car seat to which he is extremely allergic right from his adolescence. Now the question is what the heck i m doing here. Its my way of adventure. I thought that lets go round the world one more time before retiring. So things are not as bad though i have a SUV here and a LCD TV. Driving is fun here its just that havent got enought time since i have arrived here. It needs some planning to go anywhere and i am not the best plannet when it comes to planning vacations and weekend. I am more impulsive and tag along kind of guy. Now i have to tag my family with me.
The one thing which i miss reall bad is the social presence. I dont have bunch of people to hang out with, to call them at my wish without thinking that what they will be thinking.
Last time i had much more fun as there were bunch of us and we had created a world around us. This time its different the same bunch of us are family man confined to individual worlds where others intrusion is considered as disturbing and unwelcomed. I dont really realize why we have to change so much after marriage and further after having kids that our univeerse shrunks, whereas in same America its considerd as extension of family. These guys still enjoys their life with limited liability towards family rather than full coverage in our case.

How i wish we could have learnt the art of balancing things..

1 comment:

  1. I must say, you have a good way with words. Keep writing. I am sure, your stay with Uncle Sam would provide you lot of stuff to write about.

    ReplyDelete