Sunday, November 25, 2012

Life in U-D

Saw "Life of Pi" and this enlightens me about mine ...almost in same way as falling of apple to Newton..Not only me but for most of us like me..we all live in uni-dimensional space. We were not born such though ..as you will recall that as children, we used to be versatile...use to play, sing, dance and sometimes study as well. We use to think out of the box and limitless without putting any blinders on eyes.Now the grinding starts till we are reduced to one dimension. As we grow up, we started giving our versatility in thoughts and life and start surrendering dimensions in life. Our play hours were shrunk,  our extra curricular activities were curtailed, PT was abandoned and group outings were history. Now @ 35 I am strictly 9-5 Infosys and 5-9 my Mrs Man.
Life is not just two ends from birth till death. Its a journey and I want it to be satisfying. I romance in my own little way with whatever excites me be it politically active, socially cautious, part time poetic and occasional drinker (oops thinker) in company of few (almost on verge of extinction) good old friends. When I saw on the verge of extinction, it doesn't mean that they are dead but they are all strangled in UD.
I am a self perceived thinker and that's one thing I refuse to give up because I have to worry about my job and my family life. I realize more you live it , more you loose touch from reality and goes into deep slumber of hypnosis, thinking that 9-5 and 5-9 is the entirety of life. My contemporaries are in various part of world and are self declared achiever. What an Achiever !!  a few have 3 bedroom house in US, others in Australia and few others in India. People in India are concerned that they are less successful because dollar is stronger than  rupees.  I think actual life lies beyond this. These are petty means of survival not satisfaction. Honestly, its all rat race and in this race everyone perceive themselves as lion.We are so trapped that we cant think that there is life beyond this or better explained, we are afraid to think so. Life is not given by God to live as repeaters.  If  I live my entire life as Software consultant then when will I be an entrepreneur, Sarpanch, Head aster and Movie Director.
Now, I am not suggesting to be revolutionary, all I mean is that we should continue with small things which we want to. There are people who have stopped painting, exercising, playing cricket and socializing because they are busy..busy in what ... I think there is part greatness in each of us and we should realize it. Have you imagine  if newton would have simply eaten the apple and continued with his life or Dhiru Bhai Ambani continued with petrol pump job or Gandhi Jee after being snubbed by TT, casually dusting his clothes and continued with law practice. There is nothing wrong in being UD provided we love it. For others we are just trapped and fearful.
Recently I have seen documentary of Stephen Hawkins and he says that there is no heaven or hell so you make most o your life when you are alive. Once you are gone, you are history

No comments:

Post a Comment